Bring in the End of the Mayan Calendar and our New Year
It’s finally upon us – not only is 2012 coming to a close, but it’s also the end of the Mayan calendar. The news and noise about it has almost downed out Christmas this year! Of course by now we know it’s not “the end” – it’s the beginning of a transformation, the start of the New Mayan calendar, a move from what the Mayans called the “World of the 4th Sun” into “World of the 5th Sun.”
The reason many are taking the date so seriously is because the Mayan Calendars were incredibly sophisticated, and showed a comprehension of time, seasons, and cycles that were incredibly advanced, even by modern day standards. The Maya understood 17 different calendars, some of them charting time accurately over a span of more than ten million years.
The date has been recognized as a major spiritual event around the world, and Evo Morales, Bolivia’s first indigenous president, called for a new age to begin when speaking at the United Nations in September. Morales said 2012 signals an end to individualism and capitalism and a turn toward the collective good:
“And I would like to say that according to the Mayan calendar the 21 of December is the end of the non-time and the beginning of time. It is the end of the Macha and the beginning of the Pacha, the end of selfishness and the beginning of brotherhood; it is the end of individualism and the beginning of collectivism – 21 of December this year. The scientists know very well that this marks the end of an anthropocentric life and the beginning of a bio-centric life. It is the end of hatred and the beginning of love, the end of lies and beginning of truth. It is the end of sadness and the beginning of happiness, it is the end of division and the beginning of unity, and this is a theme to be developed. That is why we invite all of you, those of you who bet on mankind, we invite those who want to share their experiences for the benefit of mankind.”
Of all the emails and blogs we’ve seen from healers and spiritual organizations over the last month, this one from Lori Spagna, holistic healer and professional intuitive really resonated. Lori shares 15 things we can do to raise our vibrations to enter what the Mayan Prophecies predicted would be the most important, powerful era of all. A day in time which would open a channel for cosmic energy to flow through the earth, cleansing it and all that dwells upon it, raising us all to a higher level of vibration.
Whether you are you are celebrating this major world shift in consciousness – or simply ringing in our traditional New Year by changing your Gregorian Calendar to 2013, these are some wonderful tips for re-setting your energies:
From Lori’s blog:
As a planet, we are evolving into a more loving, more caring, more compassionate and more empowered people. It’s up to each of us to raise our own energetic vibration and expand our consciousness.
The universe is giving us window of increased and accelerated energies to assist in our own personal evolution and transformation as well as allow us to create our new reality based on our deepest and most fulfilling dreams and desires.
Here are 15 Simple, Easy and Effective things you can do to raise your energetic vibration and frequency:
- Detox your mind, body and emotions. Clear and heal limiting thoughts, beliefs, ideas, concepts, and emotions. Find a great spiritual teacher, coach, or healer and mentor to assist you in this process.
- Meditate or just sit quietly, breathing deeply, daily.
- Drink the highest quality water. Your body is 75% water ~ the water you drink matters! Read Masaru Emoto’s book, “Messages in Water”.
- Eat (at least a mostly) vegetarian, vegan or raw food living food diet. Eat more living greens. The vibration of a plant-based diet is higher than a flesh based diet. Living foods and super foods, have the highest nutritional vibration.
- Spend time in nature, walk barefoot and get your face in the sun. Time in nature will bathe you with negative ions and restore your sense of well-being.
- Exercise regularly in a way, which allows your body to express itself, joyfully. A strong, healthy body is able to contain more light.
- Disconnect from the TV and the media, especially the “news”. Negative information affects your body and being and programs your unconscious brain to believe the information you are receiving through the media is actually true, when in fact, it is not.
- Create a beauty-full environment for yourself. Surround yourself with lovely music, sacred sound, chants, mantras, art, variations of color and physical beauty into your environment. Incorporate these into all areas of your life.
- Practice random acts of kindness. Remember, a smile is a Universal Language!
- Send wishes of good fortune, health and happy-ness to others wherever you go.
- Read Power vs. Force, “The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior”, by David R. Hawkins, to understand more about the Science behind energy, vibration and frequency.
- Master your thoughts and language. Words and thoughts are creative.
- Take 100% responsibility for all areas of your life. According to Dr. Bruce Lipton, cellular biologist, your environment, which includes your thoughts and emotions, is 100% responsible for your life and your situation, and you are 100% responsible for your environment. This means YOU have the power within you to change any and all areas of your life that you would like to change. You are not a victim. You are a powerful being who can create miracles in your world.
- Live with the perspective of Unity Consciousness and non-duality in all areas of your life, even with your animal companions!
- Find a high vibration, wise teacher, healer and mentor to guide and assist you along the way. No one can do this alone. Those who have support around them are generally happier, healthier, more peaceful and more fulfilled in all areas of their lives.