Here’s The Bitter Truth Behind a Toxic Sweetener:
Aspartame is a popular sugar substitute that can be found in diet soda drinks, chewing gum, fruit spreads and sugar-free products to name a few. It is also known by the brand names, Sweet One, NutraSweet and Spoonful.
- Aspartame is known to cause migraines, and is proved to pose an increased risk for, and/or accelerate: Cancer, Asthma, Parkinsons, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and MS.
- It’s closely linked to depression.
- There are more than 900 studies on the dangers of Aspartame - included a 22 year study at Harvard (mentioned in this video)
- It’s a case-study in false advertising, actually causing weight gain. It changes your very physiology, promoting fat storage and causing you to crave carbohydrates.
- Here’s the list of chemicals you’re putting in your body when you ingest aspartame: Aspartic Acid, Phenylalanine, Methanol (if it doesn’t ‘sound’ like food, it’s not!)
- The Methanol is actually extremely dangerous – it is carried to your tissues and is converted to formaldehyde (yes, the stuff used for embalming corpses)
- Recent studies say it can lead to various mental disorders and the degeneration of the brain. Publishing in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers noted that aspartame appeared to cause excessive signals, damage and even death to nerve cells.
Why is it on the market?
Well, this is where it really gets interesting for those interested in politics. Starting at about 6:15, the video shows you it’s story, which runs through Monsanto, Donald Rumsfeld (CEO of the Company that invented it) shady FDA relationships and more….