Ever wish you could combine world-class yoga, life-changing speakers, top-notch musical performances, holistic food bliss and a serene camping experience all in one trip? If so, Shakti Fest is your retreat euphoria.
Taking place in Joshua Tree, CA May 17-May 19 2013, its anticipation is already mounting. If you haven’t already heard from a participant first-hand, we will let you in on what makes Shakti Fest a soul-shifting, not-to-be-missed event.
10 Reasons Be at Shakti Fest:
- It relieves you of your daily responsibilities. Your to-do list is at home. Your phone and computer are off, and you will be so lost within your bliss-filled experience that you won’t even notice.
- The amazing landscape at the Joshua Tree Retreat Center is a sacred space to be admired. Quite an amazing backdrop to sync synergies and celebrate the divine feminine energy within us all.
- The amazing artist lineup! The music takes you out of your head and into your heart-space. Give yourself a digital detox and enjoy exotic instrumentation: hand drums, tablas, sitars, ukuleles, harmoniums, chimes, violins, harps, hand symbols, pianos, guitars, basses, and drums. Fall asleep each night under the stars in a grove with the sounds of love and devotion strolling through your mind. You will have the sweetest dreams you’ve had in a long time.
- The opening puja (fire) ceremony gently introduces you to the warm openness and soothing sensation you will experience for the rest of your visit. Embrace the common thread between yourself and those looking for ways to re-connect or stay connected. Witness the display of everyone devoting themselves to something Higher, and are excited and joy-filled. It’s a rare feeling of clarity that arrives when one is living exactly right here, right now.
- Shakti Fest is green! The production team carefully screens and selects the vendors and as a result the booths boasts the highest caliber vegetarian and vegan food. The festival’s web host even buys wind energy credits to offset energy consumption. During the festival all plastics, paper and glass will be recycled, and only carbon-free, recyclable water bottles will be available for purchase.
- Enjoy the refreshing ambiance of a festival devoid of drug and alcohol debauchery. People are there to be PRESENT and achieve a state of euphoria or Oneness.
- Regardless of your particular spiritual practice, this experience will liberate your soul. There is power in the effect of conscious breathing and chanting in a group setting. You will be amazed at how deeply and profoundly this highly conscious, high vibrational event will affect your mind, body and spirit.
- This is a beautiful “curriculum” phase of your spiritual journey. The extensive selection of yoga classes, kirtan, meditation gatherings, teachings, workshops and fire ceremonies will delight you (and be the hardest thing to decide!) It reminds you that your body is a temple; the spiritual center from which everything flows. Wake up and feel the blood rushing through your veins! Open those energy centers! Classes at this event are on an entirely different level. With studio spaces overlooking the wild terrain of Joshua Tree and live musicians in every class, it is easier than ever to drop into “the zone.”
- Substantial portions of festival proceeds are donated to 6 different charities. These non-profit organizations provide housing, food, education, medical, and environmental beautification programs around the world.
- The healing sanctuary. There is no gentler way to celebrate your Divine Feminine energy. Consider this a massage to your body and your soul. Massage, bodywork, energy work and intuitive readings are just some of the ways you can slather yourself with self-care.
Wishing it was this weekend? We do, too. But you can go ahead and reserve your tickets and scope the details at www.shaktifest.com.
2929 Palms Hwy
Joshua Tree, CA 92252