Five Beautiful Rituals to Celebrate the Summer Solstice
by Glad.is Admin
June 20, 2020
The Summer Solstice is a time to reflect on the growth of the season. Seeds are planted in the Earth as well as the seeds of our souls. It's a time of cleansing and renewal, a time of Love and growth. This is the moment of our year when there is the most LIGHT available to us. In terms of consciousness, it is when we are the most present to ourselves and who we know ourselves to be (the Sun represents the "I am" consciousness).
And just as the Solstice signifies the time when Mother Earth is at the fullness of her strength, fertility, and abundance, so we too can celebrate the strength in joining together, pollinate our spiritual consciousness through sharing, and do ceremonies of thanksgiving for the abundance in which we experience daily. Creating a ceremony or celebration is a way for humans to give back to Creation some of the energy and blessings that we are always receiving. Mother Earth constantly provides all it's creatures a surface on which to place our feet, and the Sun's warmth provides the heat necessary for all living beings to prosper.
Some rituals to celebrate Summer Solstice:
1) As our ancestors did, celebrate by gathering of plants and healing herbs, its long been believed that they are at their most potent today. Five common Celtic sacred plants associated with Midsummer are St. John’s Wort, Vervain, Yarrow, Fern, and Mugwort.
2) Gather with others to create a circle or spiral. Exchange songs, stories, and poems with others. Dance, drum and celebrate.
3) Create a Sun Wheel or mandala (a symbol of the circle of life and connectedness) made from flowers or things found in nature. Check out our Mandala page on Pinterest for inspiration!
4) Sage your home, and keep a sacred fire burning. You can create a big fire like a bonfire to celebrate with friends, but even a small fire, in the form of a candle or Altar of Light can be just as potent.
5) Make a Prayer Stick or Prayer Tree and place specific prayers for those who need healing on it. Make a prayer for the return to peace where there is no peace, for abundance in areas of the world where there is now poverty and scarcity.
Do all of the above with an intention for something that you will do to improve life - bring light and love into this world in your own creative way and begin to carry it out.
Wishing you abundance and brightness this Summer Solstice!
Solstice image via @mysticmama -- Check out the beautiful images of celebrations from around the world here.
The world honors the light and celebrates Summer Solstice, tell us how you will? Do you have a ritual you can share with our readers?