First You Fuel the Desire, Then the Desire Will Fuel You - Napoleon Hill
"Force of desire" is the first principle of 13 in Napoleon Hill’s book, Think and Grow Rich, the book many think was the first scientific analysis of how successful people manifest abundance in their lives.
Hill said, “The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.”
And "First you fuel the desire, then the desire will fuel you."
The book‘s philosophy centers around the idea that success, in any endeavor, can be reached through mental visualization and imagination. To put it in simple terms, you can become anything that your mind deems possible; as a result, your mind becomes the one thing that can either stop you or propel you toward becoming the best version of yourself.
The principles of the Think and Grow Rich process to formulate goals and fuel your desire to achieve them are set out below.
- Write down a clear and concise statement of what it is you wish to obtain.
- Outline what you intend to do or give to achieve this objective.There is no such thing as something for nothing. What skills, knowledge, disciplines and actions will you obtain or practice? Be clear and concise.
- Promise yourself to let nothing stop you from obtaining your objectives.
- Make a commitment to yourself to do whatever is necessary to achieve your goal. Be firm in your resolution.
- Read this statement over twice every day. In the morning, in the evening before you go to sleep. Visualise your goal while you are reading it out.
The main premise of this book, and Hill's other books on success, is that you should be seeing and feeling yourself already in possession of your goal - you need full belief in your ability to achieve your goals. As time goes on your twice daily ritual will be the source of a great amount of power and inspiration for you.
Sign up for our newsletter and download the free e-book at the bottom of the home page to go deeper on manifesting your dreams.
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.”
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe